Saturday, January 23, 2021

Fifty Years Ago today...

Fifty years ago today I asked Sheila Shaw the most important question of my life.  I wish we had a picture from that day. I've written about that day before.   And here are a couple of posts commemorating this anniversary in previous years...

January 23, 2008

January 23, 2006



Here are a hodgepodge of photos from the intervening years that I could gather from my blog...


Teen Sheila



Sheila was in the audience where she was the quiet support for so many performances


Christmas with Lil, Sheila, Jimmy, Nora, and Sally

Well, now this ain't Sheila, but without her my signature 'Possum story would not be


During 1983 when Sheila was pregnant with our first baby, Brannon.
with Mildred & Philip, Jim Williams, and Walter Mondale

With Lillian and the Carters



At the Georgia Aquarium

At Pigeon Mountain

In the Library Tent waiting to hear Donald Davis.

At the National Storytelling Festival with my favorite companion.

The Red Light was on!

Yum! With coffee.

With her new Camry

With Clementine at Rady Children's Hospital

On the Ross Pedestrian Bridge over the Oostanaula

Decked out for Trunk or Treat

With Clementine and Ruth

With my mother for Baby Recognition Sunday -- little Ruth's picture had to do.

In Vista CA for Ruth's baptism

With Ruthie

In Helen to celebrate Mildred's 100th birthday.

Just this week with the house decked out to celebrate the restoration of the republic on Inauguration Day.

2 comments: