Sunday, December 06, 2020

Advent Ornament 6: Crafty Sisters

 I am blessed with sisters -- five of 'em. As we decorate our tree each year we get to think of these much-loved siblings since we have ornaments made and/or given by each of them. Among the pictures I have available today are a couple of little embroidered 'pillows" created by Beth in the late seventies or maybe early eighties...

... and some clothespin soldiers and decoupaged Dickensian character crafted by Joan in 1977...



Carol crocheted or embroidered these little ornaments in the early eighties...





Janice gave us this olive-wood nativity scene ornament. When I get our stockings up I'll take a picture of those. When Sheila and I spent Christmas with Jan & Gil & Charmaine and "Gibby" in Buffalo, NY in, I think, 1973, Jan made us stockings for Santa to fill alongside the ones she had already created for the four of them. I'll add a picture of those eventually. I made "matching" stockings for Brannon and Lillian much later.



Debi and her crew moved to Rome in 1988 just in time for the additions of Lillian and Jonathan to the family circle. Lillian and Brannon spent a lot of time at the "Lewis Daycare Center" where crafts were varied and always ongoing. This is one of the Cinnamon Bears (and other shapes) Debi made, this one for Brannon...


Don't be surprised to see additions to this page as Sheila and I continue decorating the next few days. These interesting women have been such a treasured part of our lives through 50 years of (married) Christmas bliss.



No comments:

Post a Comment