Monday, December 21, 2020

Gleaning Facebook: Pandemic Nativity


Tonight should have been the second night of the 2020 edition of the annual live nativity scene at Trinity United Methodist Church, a tradition in Rome since the fifties. The terrible coronavirus pandemic that has taken the lives of over 300,000 fellow Americans has taken this treasured Christmas experience from us this year as well. Thanks to a wonderful group of artists in our church we have life-size, if not live, figures in the scene.

Our family has participated in the scene during most of the years since 1962. It is dear to me and many others. The nativity scene has been mentioned in my blog many times since 2005...

Tim Raley It is truly a tradition that will be missed this year.
Rita Lawler
How faithful. Pope Francis said early on that the pandemic would bring no forth so much creativity
Nancy Crider What beautiful art work from your talented congregation! Since I was born in the fifties, your Nativity has been special to me all of my life. It continues to be a reminder, in a difficult year, about what Christmas is truly about. 

Melanie Collette Babb We drove by last night. The life size figures look nice. I am thankful for Trinity's faithfulness in sharing the nativity with our community. When my parents were living I had the opportunity to take part with my children and grandchildren.
Trude Sansbury
This is wonderful.

Betty Smith Franklin Someday again
Ann Gore
It is dear to all of us Romans! We always had to ride by for many years growing up in Rome! Hope it will not be a thing of the past!


Cindy Smith I’m glad y’all were able at least to create the image of the nativity scene this year. The live nativity is something I look forward to every year since I was a child 

Michael J. Burton Darn I can’t watch people shiver like I used to.

Anita Stewart The Nativity figures were a work of love. The BeARTitudes Art Class made them several years ago. So glad we have these, especially this year.

Christie Hufstedler Boyd I’m glad you have the cut outs but so sorry to miss the Live Nativity.
Jamie Fergerson I’ll miss seeing the live nativity, but I’m really grateful y’all are being safe about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment