Friday, December 18, 2020

 My faith tradition teaches that redemption is always available, but he is 74 and has seemingly never known love; it is difficult to see how this pitiable man can ever find it. Has he irretrievably rejected it? As he loses official power, I pray his unofficial influence will also fade away and We the People can find some semblance of civility and patriotism and national unity. On a personal level I hope he can find peace and love; on the political stage I wish him oblivion.



From Thomas Bavis

Bear with me: I have a rule I call the "Elton Rule." For decades I'd seen stories about Elton John being a diva, yelling at powerless underlings about trivial things. One-dimensional character, right? No, because I have also heard about tremendous acts of kindness he has carried out on a personal level and through charity. I always try to remember that, like Elton John but perhaps not at his scale, everyone has some good and some bad. Except this guy^^

No comments:

Post a Comment