Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Advent Ornament 1: Becky's Coasters

Becky's wedding present

Becky Sprague was a mutual friend of me and Sheila during our college years. She was a wonderful artist and once gave me a sketch she did of me on notebook paper. 

We think of Becky every Christmas season. I suppose this will be the fiftieth Christmas that Sheila and I have decorated our tree with some of our favorite items. They were never intended for this use but they are perfect. They give a homey and dramatic touch to our tree each year. I suppose they would make nice coasters but I think they are such gorgeous Christmas Tree ornaments it would be near-sacrilege to set wet glasses or Coke-cans one 'em.

Thanks, Becky, for your wedding present. Your needlework coasters are now beloved family heirloom Christmas ornaments which we will proudly pass on to our daughters' families.





No comments:

Post a Comment